Today is Sunday, March 18, 2018, and I just finished eating lunch and thinking about what I am going to bring to the table for discussion today. Before we begin, I heard a news story this week that really broke my heart. If you haven’t heard, a lady placed her dog in an overhead bin on a plane after being told by the flight attendant that she had to because the crate wouldn’t fit under the seat. She complied, and unfortunately, the poor animal died. I don’t know about you, but my dog is not going in anyone’s overhead bin. I guess I wouldn’t have taken that flight. My dog died of natural causes in December and that still bothers me. Seeing this really set me off! What did you think when you saw or read that story?
I Don’t Love To Cook
Have you ever felt so lazy that all you wanted to do was to sit on the couch, watch TV, and clip your toenails like Cole did on a Martin episode? Sometimes I feel that way, but not today. Currently, I am studying for an exam, working over 40 hours a week and I’m trying to maintain some balance and consistency in my life. Cooking is not my ministry, neither is doing hair. That’s why I’m glad that I had sons. Anyway, I want to give you a list of my top 5 healthy meals for a lazy a$$ day!
- Steamed shrimp, mixed vegetables, and rice- That’s it! You don’t need directions on how to make this. It takes about 20 minutes. Buy the shrimp already steamed at your local grocery store and peel them. Cook your vegetables in some olive oil and throw those shrimp in there. While you’re doing that, your rice should be on the back burner. Bam! Depending on how much you buy, this could make multiple meals.
- Codfish, rice, and asparagus- My friend KW hooked this one up. She said that it takes 15 minutes, and it does. I tried it! Season your codfish and place it in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Microwave your rice and trim the asparagus while the rice is cooking. Steam your asparagus for 90 seconds. Bone petite! Damn, that was fast!
- Grilled chicken, sweet potato, veggies- Guess what, you can buy that chicken already grilled unless you like your own seasonings. If you want to cook it, cut up some thin chicken breast and cook them on top of the stove in some olive oil, steam any vegetable, and throw that sweet potato in the microwave. You got yourself a meal, or two!
- Brown rice, black beans, and Pico de Gallo- This is easy! Boil your rice, boil your beans and combine the two. Add some Pico de Gallo to give it some flavor. Look, I can’t make life any easier for you.
- Salad- Use your imagination. I prefer to use spinach or spring mix instead of lettuce which has no nutritional value. Throw some veggies in that joint and meat if you like, add some healthy salad dressing, and you are done. Make some to last for two days. Save me some!
Readers, I can certainly follow a recipe, but cooking is not fun for me. What are your go-to lazy meals for the week?
This post may contain affiliate links for products purchased through Amazon. If you choose to purchase a product using these links, there is no additional cost to you; however, I may receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!